Organic extra virgin olive oil
Our olive groves comprise of aged trees of forty-five years and also young trees, all organically grown – and flourishing alongside the pristine Renosterveld and fynbos in the Groenberg nature reserve on the farm, out of reach of pollution and car fumes.
Our olives are handpicked and extracted the same day to ensure an extra virgin olive oil of the highest quality. Our organic extra virgin olive oil is the natural oil extracted from the first pressing of our olives.
Our tree varieties are Mission, Frantoio and Luccino – yielding oils that are soft on the
palate with a medium fruity, slightly peppery flavour.
And of course, nature adds her own touch – a flavour distinct to the Foxenburg high mountain terrain.
From olive grove to olive press
Olive oil awards
- 2008, 2009 & 2010 – SA Olive Award – GOLD
- 2013 New York International Competition – Best of Class
- 2012 SA Olive Award – SILVER
- 2014 SA Olive Award – SILVER
- 2015 SA Olive Award – SILVER
- 2010 The Marco Zichella Award – Special Mention
- 2013 ILt Magnifico – Gran Menzione
- 2007 SA Olive Award – BRONZE
- 2013 SA Olive Award – BRONZE